Monday, December 31, 2012

What a Wonderful World To Embrace in 2013


What a Wonderful World to embrace in 2013
Life Is
2012 brought us many situations and meditations about life, some of them difficult and some sweet.  

*Global warming became real to many. Here in Western Australia the Ocean is 5 degrees warmer so the sharks come in to cooler coastal waters to feed. Sadly we also surf and swim in this new feeding ground . We have all felt the sadness at the number of beautiful surfers that have lost there life in this way in 2012.
*War with some siding with Palestinians and others with Israel. The whole world sad and no easy answer and at risk the whole middle east and so many wonderful and talented loving people.
*Flooding of the rainforest threatening to uproot the amazon tribes that call it home and once again battles, shooting and deaths.
*A young girl is once again horribly raped on a public bus in India and death takes her away. Now so late finally the Indian Govt. Admits they must do something.
*Guns killed so many in the USA and now the most sacrilegious and forbidden act of all a bunch of young school children are gunned down and killed. Is Obama big enough to finally bring gun control.
*Australia continues to imprison boat people trying to flee from the torture and war's of their own land. 
*Here in Australia huge homes everywhere with only two or three people in them and huge SUV (suburban 4 wheel drives) are like a plague just to drive the kids to school clogging the roads and the air. Driving the same distance that 50 years ago many of us took joy in riding out bikes to school.

*** Is the Yoga world free of this ? We would love to think so, after all yoga means unity. The reality is that the consumerism and competitiveness  of today's world has leaked into yoga and is forcing us all to re-evaluate many aspects of the modern yoga world . Everything from sexy yoga clothing to yoga teacher trainings running into the 5 thousand dollar range and above for a short training that runs for weeks instead of years and  qualify you  to be a fully trained yoga instructor . In the past instead of weeks a training took 3 to 10 years of hard training and practice before you could  say:"I'm a yoga teacher". Schools becoming franchises and Training programs run by teachers who have  been teaching under a year or so.  Teachers becoming afraid to adjust a student as they might get sued for doing something that teachers have always done in yoga: TOUCH .

All fairly bleak is it not? Ok together as one big community  it may be time to take a deep breath of hope, faith and charity.   "Be The Change"(from MC Yogi's song "Be the Change") .

As we know hope is eternal and the cup in life is always half or even full. So many miracles are everywhere around us that what is in future can only be a grand wonderful time ahead of us . We can  set aside judging things and then just unconditionally accept and love ourselves and others. Allowing our planet and all living things to heal and Transform.

*Yoga : It is true things are going through, lets say a time of adjustment.  It is  great that we now have so many styles to choose from. Also imagine in 20 years some of our new yoga teachers that did these short courses will of really expanded and be the fantastic teachers of tomorrow.  Perhaps we will of even gone beyond what style of yoga it is and it will all just become Yoga, one big flower with many petals. We have our own yoga clothing and food and products we can actually live and eat so much easier in the yoga way then when I started in the 70's . We had to make baggy old clothing by hand and it was hard work to eat consciously . To really gain knowledge on how to teach you had to live in India which is far away and not an easy place to visit with its heat and tummy bugs. Today the best yoga in the world is often in your own home town as  there are many great yoga teachers all over the world (yes of course it is very cool and amazing to still go to India). With so many doing yoga today it shows the promise to transform and bring us into one big global village that can actually effect change politically and socially. Yes we have a learning curb ahead of us.  Just think of how exciting it will be to have so many more Yogi's  around to give and receive hugs.

Miracles are everywhere for all of us all the time . Here are some of mine that convince me that the world really is a great place and worth saving.
My list of miracles
*I have been happly married for over 27 years now a light in my life. * I have been doing yoga now for 47 years and its mysteries still excite me in my life and the journey goes on. *I can see the hope of the new world in my sons eyes and this then gives me hope. *I have gained a friend who is such a inspiration to me. He always has a smile ,always wants to help and is incredibly supportive. For me personally his support not just as my yoga student but to me Sam is like a miracle and this friend can'nt begin to imagine how good that feels . He does this even though he faces a greater challenge beating a life threatening condition and needing a transplant . His courage will always be my bench mark. * This had been a year of good friends free of BS and who love me for who I am and also love life So many new ones and old ones as well brighten my life. One does shine out however and he is helping me regain all my faith lost over the years in mankind how is he doing this . Well by simply "GETTING ME" * In Bali this year at our Bali Gecko retreat the way we all came together and totally as a group a community transformed and lived in a love village if we can do it so can all others.* The Music and love that I hear from our buddy Kavisha just shakes the love out in a big smile and the buddha in your heart.*Then of course there is THE LENA KRISTINA FACTOR  because she is the miracle of love that is being offered to all of us that seek a life that works. Thank you Lena.

Once upon a time I got really hurt physically and emotionally. A huge betrayal of trust and love. I almost lost my life. Worse I almost lost many friends including my beloved Sydel. Now I have begun the process of healing and rejoicing and I see I had one doozy of a death experience that left me with lots of gifts. I can now after much sharing and work love my teachers again and connect with so many I have loved in the past. My body gets stronger and smaller( i mean less weight). This is such a gift now I SEE.

A long journey still is ahead but we no longer need feel we are all alone . No it is the time of community and overtime we attend a yoga or meditation class we are affirming the importance of conscious community. 

Should I with my meagre gifts of empathy and more  predict what lies ahead. That is easy: more turmoil and more love. With my friends I see an unexpected baby becoming a huge gift. Several dreams of those around us come true. I see a few inhibitions drop away like a runner throwing off clothing once they hit the nude beach. I see a 70th birthday party in Bali for Lena Kristina. I see family for some stardom for others and breaking free for many.
***Of course I also see aliens landing. My friend Bowen becoming the next ELVIS. Gun Control in the USA and skateboards that fly.

I just want to say please be inspired by the beauty in our world. The songs , the trees , the animals, the oceans . Oh so much beauty let it inspire you to not only sit back but to step up jump around hug someone and let the world know you care and find a way that makes a difference and helps to produce positive change. Allow yourself to truly feel
I AM ENOUGH     Please Let yourself be Inspired watch this vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAM WEINSTEIN ©

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sam. Happy new year . With love and gratitude for your support, although you may not realise how much it helps just knowing your yoga is there to access anytime, your student, Michelle Charles. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the large lights in my life Sam and that was a beautiful piece - thank you so much xxx Susan

    ReplyDelete